Old thread new gripe.

This week has been chaos at work. i'm an electrician and this week was the last week on site before the handover for occupancy inspection this Friday (we were told Tuesday!) they are waaay early. Drywall was hung today in one spot!

Anyway, the site has serious parking issues, so everyone parks where they can. First come first served. Usually the no parking zone along the site is full of cars wall to wall and the police and fire dept patrol to ensure there is enough room for emergency vehicles to get through, but dont issue tickets. Its a construction zone and all sidewalks are closed.

Wednesday I decide to NOT park in front of the fire hydrant at site in favor of parking opposite on the other side of the building driveway entrance. 10am rolls around and an apprentice says from the floor under my ladder "you better come out, someone smashed your car and left..." Turns out there were many witnesses and they all said the same. A five ton moving truck turned left leaving the parking lot and smooshed my bumper, headlight and fender in.

I confronted the owner of the movers later that morning and he became hostile with me. Apparently, I was parked in a no parking zone (along with 30 others) and it was MY FAULT! Ironically, if I had parked blocking the hydrant I would have been spared.

He tried to get me to use his "company" mechanic (see hick buddy in jerkwater town) to fix my car and go away. I had to put my foot down to get his insurance docs. I told him I wanted to get it looked at by a shop to make sure there was no hidden damage that would create issues. He said he would cut me a check for the damage.... All good, nothing more than body damage. The estimate was $1700. I told him and he claimed I was playng games!! My car wasn't worth that. (A 2003 subaru outback with 75k on it and no other issues.) May the power of karma find him!

Thats why we have insurance I guess. They can fight with him!

Ahhhh. That feels better.