I understand that there is probably a lot of excess fluffing of people's expense reports, and that is just a hassle for the most part. In some cases it will cause me to actually spend a buck or two more on meals for example. Not because I am trying to "stick it to them," but because there are many times where I make a food choice based off of not wanting to carry around a receipt for everything. I note what the dollar amount after tip was and put that on my expense report. There have been some meals that I made sure came out to things like $24.50 or $24.75 just to not have another receipt to hang on to. That really was my only incentive since my daily food allotment was more than that per meal anyway and I always was well under budget.

Now I am just losing most of the other benefits of travel. I already know that I was never "entitled" to any of that, and I am someone who despises how so many people, at least in the U.S., have a sense of entitlement for no good reason, but it is just one of those things that made up for the time that I am away from home, my list of "to do" items, chillin' outside with the grill going or around the firepit like we do a lot in summer, or even just hanging out in the home theater.

It is going to be fun next week when my wife travels with me (we have 2 last trips, both this summer, that were "grandfathered" in). Every time that we get a bite to eat, I will have to give them 2 credit cards and get 2 receipts to separate my bill from hers.

Farewell - June 4, 2020