I almost put this in the cold weather thread but it's more funny than anything. The hole in the ice below our place is opening up nicely after a warmer weekend and I saw the funniest thing ever out there this morning.

A bald eagle was eating a fish by the edge of the ice and, as usual, a bunch of crows and seagulls were flocking around, hoping he would fly back to his nest with it and and then they would try to beat it out of his grasp. Nothing unusual. Only this time, one particularly brazen gull was trying to see if he could slowly inch his way up the the eagle and sneak a piece of fish. I watched, expecting mayhem, but it was way better.

When the gull tried for a snatch and grab but was being a little to slow and cautious, the eagle caught the gull with his talon, pinning him to the ice by his head. He retained his hold on the fish with his other talon. There was nothing but feathers flying as the gull tried to escape but the real funny part was that the eagle just kept eating his fish as if it were no big deal at all that he was holding a panicking seagull under his other foot. He didn't look up from his food once. He just kept eating.

After 30-40 seconds or so, the gull got away and didn't seem hurt too badly but it did take him a while before he tried to fly.

The casual way the eagle pinned him to the ice and just kept eating the fish was like something you's see in a Pixar film. I wish I had been filming it.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.