Originally Posted By: bridgman
It's hard to think of anything funny right now but we should get the thread back on track tomorrow in his honour.

OK, then.

One of the millions of reasons to hate FaceBook:

I was on there twice, 5 years ago, with an alias. Of course my URL is still my URL, so...

Apparently, my former hematologist, who retired to Patagonia, Argentina almost 10 years ago, (he's originally from Rosario), is a HUGE user of Facebook.

Each week in my junk mail, I get a Facebook message asking if I know ______? All of the first and last names are Italo-Hispanic-Germanic, most people requiring three each. Some combinations are "purer" to one group than the other, but there are loads of mash-ups.

Each time I see them I think of "Boys from Brazil!" Half of these name combos could be the children or grand children of Nazi war criminals!

This week I got one asking if I knew Grisleda Restauredorelibros. WTF kind of name is that?! Her last name looks like a new-to-market Spanish pharmaceutical. ORrrr, a diner that's also a little boat, with a library.

I wish I could make it stop. I wish I could make it stop. I wish I could...

Edit: Has it ever occurred to any else that this one of the creators of social media has a diagnosed socio-psychological disorder? See, if he didn't have such a disorder, he would, I mean, he could understand that this persistent badgering (of the now) elderly, is exactly anti-social behavior?

Last edited by BobKay; 08/13/14 03:34 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.