Just came back from vacation (drove to Idaho for Boomershoot); M5HP's were waiting for me in the driveway. It was about 2am when I got home so only had a chance to listen for a few minutes so far but first impressions are *really* good.

The speakers are much larger than typical Axiom bookshelf speakers, which is good to see. Not saying that all of the Axiom bookshelf speakers should be larger, but it's nice to see at least one seriously big bookshelf. I always felt that was a hole in the product line.

Bass extension seems decent and smooth; enough for any of the tracks I played and I was picking tracks with deep bass. The speakers definitely like power - with a (200 WPC into 8 ohms) Adcom 555 amp I was running close to clipping levels and the sound was both "sufficiently loud" and very clear.

Not sure what the right words are to describe what I heard, but in the very good systems I have really liked in the past there was a combination of tightness, flatness and ability to handle power/volume which somehow resulted in a slightly different sound from what you heard on lesser systems. I heard that on the M5HPs and was really happy about it.

Will post some pics over the weekend and do some speaker swapping to confirm what I think I am hearing.

Last edited by bridgman; 04/28/17 05:57 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8