Originally Posted by Rebulx
the B&W 800 diamond series
You're bringing back the memories ...

Back in the early 90's the B&W 802 (matrix series... square with beveled corners) was on the top of my list. I seriously contemplated spending the multi grand price tag (can't remember the number, want to say 5k but it might have been lower) but in the end found something which to my ear sounded somewhat similar for a bit more than a grand (a demo'ed DCM TF600s? combined with duel mirage subs). Maybe if I compared the setups side by side I'd find big differences but that didn't really matter. I was happy with the sound and for the difference in money I didn't need to hear the 802 again. Actually, haven't heard anything from them since except for maybe a pair of 804s at a freinds house (which didn't cut it but I didn't tell him that).

Martin Logans were on my short list around the 1999 time-frame but at the time there was no place to put them. I had just sold my house and moved into my girl-freinds condo. I remember them for their spaciousness and incredibly clear mids through highs. Unfortunately, marriage and kids came and the audio hobby was shelved since the new house also had nowhere to put a decent setup.