Rebulx, I was a speaker "break-in" and cable differences agnostic. It's dead obvious to me speakers undergo mechanical and electrical changes during operation. And cables all have different characteristics. I remained agnostic because I didn't have enough data (experience) to know if the differences were audible.

As I started getting the v4 in, I started listening in a very critical way. The first v4 speaker I got was the M5. I could tell right away how special it was relative to my M80v2 in terms of soundstage and imaging but because I made a point to listen closely, I could hear the midrange and bass not blending. Also the bass was too loose. It was almost as if there was a phase off-set. I wrote to Ian and Andrew telling them the mid-range of these was off. I let them play while I was gone one weekend. When I came back, they were a different speaker! It was as if the midrange aligned. Every band was fused and they sounded awesome. I grew suspicious because I thought something in the environment may be the reason. I already knew temperature changes affected my v2 highs but I didn't know why (I found out later from Ian it may be the tweeter ferrofluid viscosity which changes with temperature). Anyway, further listening revealed no changes other than the aforementioned temperature difference.

I've listened closely to all the Axioms and damned well know there is break-in even though I don't know what exactly, from a component perspective, is breaking in. I suspect the midwoofer and woofer and/or the crossover between the two but I can't be sure about the midwoofer because I didn't hear a difference with the M2s. I also know something went on with two pairs of M5s to cause them to need no break-in.

As for cables, I know from experience and indisputable engineering data, cables make a difference to electrical equipment in ways that many electronics designers simply don't understand. And even when they introduce components to mitigate those effects, the new components introduce unintended parasitic behavior. And now I know, when it comes to speakers, cable differences are audible even if all the cables have vanishingly low resistance. See thread on that.

This is a great question for Andrew although he may not know unless he has actually studied, though testing and theory, what is going on. This kind of work of course takes time and money and is really science and not engineering.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated