This is all very interesting. Very, very interesting indeed! When I powered my M5s from the ADA-1000 and then the ADA-1500, I did not have to move them relative to when I powered them from my Onk. The soundstage and imaging was the same between ADA and Onk. The only difference was the SPL that could be coaxed out - particularly with the 1500. I should point out that I always had the back of the M5s 3 feet away from the front wall. They were also 5 feet from the sides.

The difference between the M5 and M100 is of course stark. The radiation pattern from the M100 must be absolutely huge and of a significantly different geometry than the M5 - particularly up to maybe 600Hz. The Denon likely hampered the radiation pattern on the low end of the range particularly at higher volumes. Add the 1500 and BOOM! - the pattern expanded.

I would be very interested in hearing from Axiom about this. I may have it all wrong but that is my theory. What a marketing story that would be for their ADAs if they could prove this through charts and graphs.

Incidentally, all other Axioms I have tried were positioned like the M5s. The only thing I had to change between M2/M3/M5/M50 and M80/M100/active LFR1100 was the toe-in. The smaller speakers were not toed in at all.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated