The 600 up to v3 was the same size as the 800. Like the 500, it was ported. Axiom made a big mistake that really hurt them when they went for loud over clean. They tried to justify to themselves that distortion on the low end can't be heard. It didn't help matters when Axiom fan boys kept on about how wonderful they were. Eventually Axiom came to their senses and built these wonderful sealed subs. They give us loud, clean, articulate SPL. And, generous programs were introduced to get the holy sound out to the people. Not only are all sins wiped clean, but we ought to build shrines for worship.

I always figured the 600v4 looked kinda funny. Not any longer. Now that it's here, I love how it looks. The 500, 600, 800 all look great. I am so glad we get the real wood finish which is as addictive as the sound.

There isn't a single v4 I have not liked. Heart and soul were poured into this line. It's evident when people who have never cared where music came from, perk up and pay attention to the gear. It's gear that bucks trends and is in its own league.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated