The speakers you had were veneered inside and I think they also had norez installed which is an acoustic dampening material. These extras don't necessarily make a speaker sound better.

Talking about extras, there's some significant material and labor cost in the Dreamcatchers. The port tube is angled likely to lower the Q of the tuning frequency. There's a film cap that probably costs as much as the tweeter; and it sits on a foamy. Components are hot-glued and hand-soldered. Protective wrap on the wires prevents rubbing noises. The coil is so damned cool I want to wear it around my neck. A bunch of resistors are in parallel because maybe discrete resistors have a lower noise floor than one single resistor or perhaps the bunch is a more exact value than a single. The purple dot on the tweeter smooths the highs according to the sales guy. smile

The sum of all this cool stuff didn't make them sound better than the M2v4 or M3v4 bookshelves. That was frankly very unexpected. I really liked their sound until I heard v4.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated