Originally Posted by rrlev
Originally Posted by Mojo
It's not subtle ... Admittedly, I don't fully understand why this is.

Hmmm, I have not tested the 500 and 600 side by side ... but I'm fairly sure I would not hear the difference. So far anytime I thought I was hearing anything below 20Hz ... it was because I was not ... Ha! Bet you even know what what I'm talking about there smile

Thats a very true statement as most people can't hear that low. I was in a listening room last week with martin logans, B&Ws, and some SVS subs among other brands. A guy asked the sales rep about the svs subs and he explained that they knock hard and fast and not as musical as some others. I have an SVS 2000 next to an EP600 and can say I bought the Axiom because of the specs, but the 600 is seriously more musical, gentle, and easier to listen to. I've positioned the SVS2000 towards the couch so it vibrates the seats which is good fun, but when enjoying great music or showing off the system I have to turn it off. I've learned from spending a shit load of money these last few weeks, it's not about specs or how low a speaker can go, it's about how it sounds getting there. I've also learned that the cabinet size makes a huge difference in sound quality.

Perhaps the 600 cabinet size only changes the sound so much, but I can say that the look with the high gloss white finish completes our room. I only wish I got the 800 now. lol

Last edited by Rebulx; 11/19/20 04:52 AM.

Lots of speakers from many
manufactures...mostly Axiom