Originally Posted By: Seekinganswers
My current home theater is located in my living room area that is 14'x14' that is somewhat sectioned off by a bar area that connects to the kitchen, so the whole area, I would say, is about 14'x32'x8'. I usually sit 10-12 feet away from the tv.

I will eventually add the Emotiva processor and amp to the system, but I am hoping the 606 will do the job for now. I am more concerned with clarity than how loud I can get the system. I live in a townhouse with a roommate and neighbors.

I guess what I am looking for is the wow factor with these speakers, even if they're driven by the 606. I have an entry polk audio system and they served me okay for a while. Now that I am seriously learning about home theater, the polks no longer cut the cheese.

Please advise

Seeking

Everyone is totally missing the biggest problem with your setup, and believe me I know because I have the same problem....

Townhouse/neighbors. You say you normally listen at normal levels. The problem with movies, especially the blockbusters that we all love like the new Terminator, transformers, etc..., is that the dynamic range is so large, when you're listening to dialog at moderate levels, once the robots, aliens, enemy start to blow stuff up and shoot, it's gunna almost blow the roof off your townhouse. This is why we LOVE home theater, but your neighbor isn't going to love it. In the town house, all the LFE energy from the sub is going to transfer through the building materials into their home. There's no amount of sound proofing that will prevent this. They're going to be hearing(and feeling) boom boom boom during your movies (and music depending on what you're listening to). Just something to think about before you spend a lot of money. I'm starting to think of moving to a detached house with lots of space between neighbors so I can enjoy my HT at reference levels with out the constant guilt and eventual complaints.

-eric