Originally Posted By: jakewash
 Originally Posted By: Seekinganswers
Once I get all of my toys out the way,

Does that ever happen?

Not in my experiences.

There is always a newer, better, sleeker toy out there waiting for us when we're done playing with our current toy. But I suppose the same can be said about women.

On the subject of Axiom speakers... As many others have already commented, I'm sure you will definately be delighted in the upgrade from your Polks to the M60 combo. I remember wanting to get every single thing I desired in my HT all at once just like you, so that I could sit back and enjoy my system to the fullest right out of the gate. However I now have a different point of view... I am now more inclined to piece a system together one piece at a time (as much as it can be that is. Naturally you can't just buy a set of speakers and not have anything to hook them up to and drive them with). This way I can really research my purchase thoroughly and make sure I've purchased the equipment that best fits my needs. And it also let's me hear the differences that each component makes to the package as a whole. Otherwise if you get everything you could possibly get, hook it all up, hit play and it sounds like CRAP, you're not going to have a clear picture of what could be causing the problem.

By anchoring your HT with a few solid pieces that you know work well together, and putting the rest together one piece at a time, you get a better understanding of what part does what, and how it effects the rest of the equipment.

For instance I've test driven a few Blu-Ray players out and have yet to find the one that really makes my hairs stand up on end. My next lab rat will be the Oppo unit that's been touted around here since it came to market. I'm hoping it does everything I want a Blu-Ray player to do. If not, then I'll send it back and keep looking.

Good luck in your quest! ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD