I saw this linked to on Cheap Ass Gamer a few days ago, but I didn't join until last night. For $19.99 (or $14.99 if you're a student or in the military), you can join the ECA (Entertainment Consumers Association) and get some nice benefits. I joined for the 10% discount on game software on Amazon.com. I know I'll get my money's worth out of my membership fee.

ECA Membership Benefits

From the About Us section of the site:
 Quote:
ECA OVERVIEW
The Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit membership organization established to serve the needs of those who play computer and video games.

Formed in 2006, the ECA is an advocacy organization for consumers of interactive entertainment. Gamers represent nearly fifty percent of the US population and spend $10 billion annually on gaming, yet as a group are continually overlooked by both politicians and the mainstream press. The mission of the ECA is to give game consumers a voice and to ensure that elected officials hear their concerns and appreciate the growing influence of the gamer demographic.

The organization, which is headquartered in Connecticut, focuses its advocacy efforts on consumer rights, anti-games legislation, and a host of other public policy concerns as well as providing substantial community, educational, and affinity benefits to its members—from discounts on subscriptions and game rentals and purchases to education, employment assistance, and insider access to industry news and events.