Murph, this perfectly demonstrates the lag between policy and technology... One would have though that when Napster showed up the recording studio's would have realized there was a change coming....

I don't know if the international restriction is due to the tax laws or just bad music industry policy... I guess that they fail to realize, they could either make a little money from people who would be willing to pay. Or, make 0 money because the equally easy alternative is to just download the same MP3 from any number of sites.

Another thing that i don't really understand is the fact that the movie industry did not seem to learn anything from what the music industry went through in the late 90's-early 2000's.. Now that more people have more bandwidth, and with the invention of bit torrent, anyone can find pretty much any movie quite easily... Yet, it seems like hollywood is still resisting selling their product for a lower price.. Again, due to the alternative being free, for many people the decision is easy...

There will always be some people that will buy the Blue-ray to get the higher quality,