Originally Posted By: Micah
 Originally Posted By: Micah
[quote=SolidState]But instead you make it out like you JUST NOW found out that Axiom's suck when doing your uncles install with speakers Axiom stopped making over 4 years ago... how is this possible?

My bad, after reviewing your posts SS I realize that I was mistaken, for some reason I was thinking you said your uncle had the M80ti's. But it looks like your uncle bought them in 06, sorry. So he's had them for 3 years, not 5, still quite a while to live with speakers that suck. Also as far as your threat of calling Axiom and returning them, I'd say the 30 day trial period probably doesn't stretch out to 3 years, but you can give it a try.

Until then, keep up the good fight.

Yeah I was stupid enough to blame the issues on the Denon AVR-4306 initially driving them. This is why we purchased the A1400-8. Then the blame came to the AVR-4306 converters. He is on the second unit at this time and it still has issues with hum using unbalanced connections even though I believe this rev has the return ground bar. Also I have noticed hum/distortion on a channel that's only populating one speaker level on the Ice module. All I can tell you is my uncle isn't happy with it and hasn't been from day one. He actually hardly listens to it less TV and movies. He prefers his old 25 years system made by Nikko in the 80s purchased at the brick or his logitech PC speakers in his bedroom. I know we should have complained from the get go and had them returned. It was just hard for me to accept because I like the Axiom people. I was blaming his AVR-4306 as a pre for a long time. It wasn't until this week when I was visiting that I really had a chance to sit down and to test these speakers. In the end I found pretty much the same results as Dannie Ritchie. I now know the only way to make the speaker sound how my uncle likes is to sell them off. Thing is that really gets me is the 9 grand Axiom has taken from Stephen's pocket and the unsatisfactory results. I'm also embarrassed with all my excuses for it not sounding right. We should not have to resort to disconnecting one tweeter, cinder blocks and a dedicated PC with Izotrope Ozone to PARTY (perhaps 40%) cure the sonic deficiencies. I'm just crushed and disheartened with this reality and the entire experience.

Solid-State

PS It sure would be amazing if Axiom would return the product. I think Stephen is even willing to take a 10-15% restocking hit to get them outta here.

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 09:59 PM.