Originally Posted By: rvrrat
I found this thread after just pulling the trigger on 4300 worth of wood veneer m80/500 speakers. I certainly hope my build quality is better than what was shown in the pics. Also all of the trashing has me worried on my choice. Not exactly what someone who has spent 4300 usd sight unseen wants to hear. I understand Axiom's return policy, but I would probably be out the extra money spent on Oak wood.

Graphs taken by instruments and the analysis of that data, and the dissection of electronic components to determine if a speaker will satisfy that individual’s preference is insanity. These tools are only useful to the folks who build the damn things. If a person needs a graph or electronic print of the curcuitry to determine if they are going to enjoy a speaker, that person needs to get a life. Listening to the speaker is the only way to determine if it will suit your preference. This isn’t rocket science….. I fail to understand why some insist on making it so friggin difficult.

Don’t listen to the pinheads who need a graph to prove how something sounds, trust your ears. Don’t trust reviews either. There is always an agenda and you will never know what it is. I like to drink wine. I read the reviews and look at the scores, but rarely trust them. I’ve spent thousands and drank many, many + 95 point wines to end up calling them “swill”. It isn’t because the person scoring the wine didn’t like it, it just means I don’t, or the reviewer had an alternative reason to score it that high.

Axiom stands by their product, without question. I can buy what I want, but I continue to buy Axiom and continue to recommend them to others.

If you get your speakers and find you don’t like the way they sound, ask this crowd for some suggestions, as you might just need to tweak your electronics, or you might just need to throw a rug down to find audio bliss. Or, you may end up just hating the way they sound. If you do, send them back and try something else.