Hi Seeking, I can't add too much to this but I just wanted to mention that I currently run a 3.0 system. I have M80's up front along with a very old Axiom Centre (not even sure what model it is anymore!) I got my M80's along with a Denon 3808 because I wanted to listen to great music but have some bells and whistles for HT as I expanded. I thought long and hard about the M60's or M80's and I know it is pretty juvenile but I went with the M80's because I didn't ever want to have that voice in my head saying "These are great...but I wonder what the M80's would sound like?".

For the record this initial setup of mine sounds senstaional and I am glad I spent my $ on fewer (but higher spec'd) parts. For what it is worth - I would getthe M80's asap and run them with your current Onkyo. When you can, upgrade the amp and so on.

One more thing...I don't know much about the EMO stuff (I am in Australia and we never see it here), but the networking of the Denon has proven to be the greatest thing since sliced bread for me. I know other brands do it as well so not just a Denon rave but I get SO much more use out of my system because of this little feature. IMO get something with networking functionality.