+1 on all-of-the-above.

Some other ID companies don't include shipping.

"Value" is a subjective thing.

Also, Axiom offers a choice of standard and custom finishes (albeit, custom at additional cost) not always available with other vendors. Not everybody wants black.

I'm not sure that Axiom has adequately articulated their philosophy on subs. Many/most companies and consumers are seduced by the seemingly straightforward specifications available in subwoofer marketing. One of the things NOT commonly discussed is the amount of distortion at particular frequencies. I think it's safe to say that there is honest and respectful disagreement about audibility of distortion at low frequencies. My understanding is that Axiom subs are engineered to deliver high spls without correspondingly high distortion found in some competing models. As to whether or not that notion "matters", I'm not sure. But I continue to trust Axiom designs, because I perceive them primarily as an R&D company.

I own an older SVS sub, btw. The bottom-firing form factor was a key criterion when I was shopping, and was not offered by Axiom. I have heard Axiom subs on several occasions (including direct comparisons) and thought they were just wonderful.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem