Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: JBall
Originally Posted By: Wid

I agree. Looking at the specs of the Accend towers and the Axiom M80 the M80s actually best the Accends. So maybe they're not as good a deal as I would have thought from a budget speaker company.

Looking at the frequency graphs of both the M80s also look smoother, just sayin.

Measurements are easily manipulated and Axiom doesn't give you the detail of measurements that Ascends does.

This just shows that you've already made up your mind that Axiom is a tainted brand. When presented with contrary evidence, you tighten your sphincter and insinuate that Axiom is doctoring their data. You're delusional. Why continue beating this horse? Just buy something else and move along.

Please.

I am assuming Wid is getting his measurements off the Axiom website compared to that of Ascends off their website.

You can't compare the two simply for the fact that Axiom is using a 120db scale with smoothing applied while Ascend uses 50db scale un-smoothed.

These two factors alone can make a graph look a lot "smoother" when you cut down on the resolution.

Ascend also shows a whole suite of measurements including the polar response. To objectively compare the two you would have to compare the same suite of measurements using the same scale and preferably without any smoothing applied.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne