Whilst I was reading the copious anti-Axiom venom elsewhere in that thread, I came across a post by an 'expert' who stated that he changed out a cable or speaker wire (or whatever) in his friend's audio system. The results were akin to a complete amplifier upgrade. Quite unbelievable to me. There is a plethora of placebo effect out there methinks. I take enough pills daily - I don't need placebos.

Over my many years as an audio/video enthusiast (but not an audiophile), I've come to really appreciate all of the equipment that manufacturers such as Marantz, Sony, Denon, Axiom & Velodyne (amongst others) have provided to me - names that make many purist snobs cringe. These components have given me countless hours of pleasurable listening & viewing over the decades. I am particularly impressed with Axiom's philosophy of using pragmatic & practical methods (often quite different from the rest of the industry) of engineering fine sound into their products at an affordable price. That is most important to me now that I'm an aging pensioner - it keeps me in the game.

I fear for Ascend Acoustics when the herd turns on them down the road when it decides that something is amiss in their products.

I guess now that I'm going to branded as an Axiom fanboy. Oh well, there are worse things...

Tom
Comox, BC