Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
I'm not trashing those new speakers. Read the first post where Gene posted "What are your thoughts on the new Axiom speakers?"

You get responses like:

"Wow really tall cabinet, hope they take cabinet bracing seriously on this model. But I really doubt that." Mine and I do hope they make a solid cabinet unless they consider a solid well braced cabinet "Jewerly" Heres some responses from other members.

"They would be better off with less drivers, but better ones, a better crossover and probably a better cabinet."

"I think they need more tweeters and midrange drivers on both sides of the speaker in addition to the front & back. More is better. That's their motto."

"They're out of their minds. $4K for a pair of speakers that look like they were thrown together with whatever parts they could find laying around."

"There are actual engineering principles at hand which can make them superior to stamped versions. Perhaps with their own driver technology they use there is no difference or they just don't know how to design a driver where a cast-basket is beneficial.

I don't think axiom understands what audio jewelry really means. Audio jewelry refers to aesthetic accessory upgrades like cables, terminations, outriggers, grilles and crap like that. Components that make up a driver is NOT audio jewelry."

The internet is full of this kind of armchair engineering. People who have little idea what they're talking about telling professionals what they should be doing.

Some things never change.