These are my opinions that not worth anything to those who don't agree.

For me, an audio/video RCA type cable simply shunts electrons from one component to another & provides grounding & shielding from RFI. No more, no less as long as the cables are not defective.

Speaker wire simply passes electrons from the amp to the speakers. As long as they are of an adequate gauge for the length of the run & they aren't subject to RFI along the way, then they will work most satisfactorily.

I have a large supply of normal grade RCA cables so I don't expect to be purchasing fancy expensive ones soon. I just don't believe that I'll hear a difference.

I use inexpensive 12 GA generic speaker wire to my M22s & a fairly long run of 16 GA lamp wire to my rear QS4s (largely due to trying to fit them under my baseboards). My audio system also uses similar long runs of 16 GA under the baseboards with no detrimental effects that I can determine.

Everything in both systems works just fine. The electrons get to where they are supposed to & my systems are dead quiet indicating that RFI is not a problem here. All of my Axioms & Velodynes sing nicely with the way that they are connected.

Works for me.

Tom
Comox, BC