Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: billy p

No I have not heard the Axiom Towers but the 22's are a very good benchmark for others to compare against. Based on what I hear in my home the NrT is much more fluid and dynamic vs. the Axiom twet and the Sierra mid range has amazing detail and resolution. I use the 22's along with my sub but even with the sub the Towers are still better. BTW...I had the Sierra 1 for about 6 months and compared them with my 22's a more apples to apples comparison with about the same results....just my sujective and un biased opinion....

And thanks for the BD wish....Bill

Billy, given that you are comparing an in/on wall 22 (a compromise speaker) to a full blown tower, the tower should sound better.

There are some comparisons of the W22 to M22 around here, and the M22 is a better performer. From memory, the W22 sounded 'thinner' in some respects.

I'd love to give those Ascends a listen some time, but I hardly ever head out your way.

BTW, the great thing about this hobby is that there seem to be a LOT of smaller companies out there building a good product. This market seems to have resisted the consolidation that often goes on in mature markets.

You'd be more than welcomed to come over if your ever up this way...I have cold beer in the fridge but what I like best about this hobby is meeting new people in GTG and hearing other peoples rigs... smile

I wouldn't sell the w22's short as they replaced my Energy RC30's and I really like my Rc's at the time.

Regards, Bill