[quote=exlabdriver
Over my many years as an audio/video enthusiast (but not an audiophile), I've come to really appreciate all of the equipment that manufacturers such as Marantz, Sony, Denon, Axiom & Velodyne (amongst others) have provided to me - names that make many purist snobs cringe. These components have given me countless hours of pleasurable listening & viewing over the decades. [/quote]

Tom, in my "Axiom system" i am using a Krell processor, as well as Krell amps... I recently asked Alan for some advice... When i "upgraded" to the Krell processor from a NAD, i could not hear any difference..!.. keep in mind, i was taking out a 1,500$ processor and replacing it with a 9,500$(i paid 2k$ pre-owned) unit!!... Anyhow, my next processor will be an integra i think. More "value", The integra has the 1 option that i DID hear a difference in, XLR connections to the amp... The integra also has Soooo many things that the Krell does not... If NAD had a model with XLR's then i would buy another NAD...

Also, i have some RCA/XLR cables that i paid 100$ each for, while i other's that are about 10$ or so a cable... I can't "hear" the difference between the 100$ cable, or the 10$ cable.... it is not WOW, that cable is soo much better!!...

Yeah,yeah, i know some people around here say "those people who pay 100$ a cable", but they looked neat and i figured i would try them wink

With all that being said, i could be completely tone deaf... However, the V.A. did say my hearing is "acceptable" across all frequency ranges..... so i do have "some" scientific proof i can hear!.... hahahah.

Last edited by dakkon; 03/21/12 08:26 PM.