Quote:
What IS problematic is when someone comes here and says "Axioms suck because they're not braced the same as XX brand" or "Axioms' philosophy is all wrong because this other speaker company's is....." or "Aluminum tweeters must be bad" or "This speaker MUST have lobing", even though they personally have no way to measure such things. Or, more specifically in this case, "this new speaker must be bad so let's start trashing it" even though none of us have heard it. And...be clear... that doesn't automatically mean that I think the new speaker is wonderful... as I haven't heard it either. But it doesn't make me a fanboy to say "Let's give the new speaker the benefit of the doubt until we've heard it".

Your remarks are true but I never did say Axiom speakers suck. They just aren't up to the level pro reviewers and some fanboys claim them to be.

Also, part of the reason I chose the Ascends was their full disclosure of measurements and pictures of the parts used, something Axiom doesn't do. I know what I am getting with Ascends where as Axiom is just hearsay.

Last edited by JBall; 03/22/12 10:09 PM.