Originally Posted by spiroh
I just did a comparison in the family room. A sonos sound bar vs m22v3 with a cheap receiver. It wasn't close. I returned the sonos. I wasn't expecting the sound bar to fully compete but the gap between the two was pretty far.

Spiroh, could you post a comparison review of both products on a separate thread? Before I decided on passive speakers + AVR last year, I scoured the internet looking for consumer comparisons of Sonos/Bose/LG sound bars with conventional speakers, and didn't find much. The nice thing about Axiom's forum is that their contents show up in search engines.

There was a consensus that separates were better, but none of them quantified what those differences were (Channel separation? Compression at high volumes? Fake channel effects? Cabinet resonances?).

I prefer the looks of a sound bar and convenience of wireless, but I have a hunch I would have also returned one to pursue sound quality.

Author of "Status 101: How To Keep Up In A World That Keeps Score While Buying Into Buying Less"