Axiom built up my loyalty as a customer through excellent customer service, so it's disappointing to hear about the current lack of follow-through with communication. I know I would look for other options if I emailed and phoned and couldn't get the information or assistance I was looking for as a first-time customer. At this point I'm in it for the long haul, but I would also still like to recommend them to friends and family and coworkers. I don't think I can do that until I hear of this trend changing.

I've had a couple of recent interactions where businesses have gotten back to me, and it was timely, but I still felt underwhelmed by the response because they didn't try to find a solution. It was basically a so-sorry situation, and the communication ended. I emailed Priority Bicycles about my new bike's fenders giving me the occasional rattle, so I thought I'd see if they had any tips for reducing it or eliminating it altogether. They said to make sure the bolts were all good and tight, but to expect some rattle when going over bumps. Not a terrible answer, but also no real knowledge on display or desire to see my concern resolved. I had already been looking through online discussions with tons of possible fixes, which I'll have to start trying, but I thought going straight to the source, who have experience with that exact bike/fender combo would help narrow my efforts.

The other interaction was also bike-related. I tried ordering an Ortlieb pannier through a local bike shop's website. Maybe 4 or so business days later, they emailed to say their supplier was having trouble fulfilling the order, along the lines of not being able to find the product in their warehouse. Their phone calls and emails to the supplier went nowhere, so they refunded me the money and apologized. Again, not a terrible response, but they also didn't ask if they could help me find a different bag for my needs. It was just hey, sorry, couldn't deliver, goodbye.

With short answers not giving me a feel-good experience, I don't know how much patience I'd have for no answer.