Originally Posted by Mojo
smile The sad thing is, I am right.
I disagree.

Although automation can bring about efficiencies, some things NEED to be dealt with one on one. Try calling your local ISP or cell phone provider to sort out an issue solely by email or online forms and tell me you won't go mad. It is maddening enough to get your ISP on the phone only for the front line person to run you through an obvious list that annoys the hell out of an experienced individual
"Is the unit plugged in?"
Oh good lord.

I've had a career in mostly client based industry (consulting) and there are two simple things for business to be effective in this regard:
1) communicate QUICKLY
It doesn't matter if you have an answer or not, letting a person know you received their email, phone message, doesn't matter, is huge in keeping initial frustration to a minimum.
2) how well does the issue/query get resolved?
This is efficiency based as well as, yes, CUSTOMER SERVICE based. If you drag your heels, give answers that have no basis, do not follow up, regardless of the method of communication, you WILL lose their business. A local friend is set to return LFRs because Axiom never got back to him on pricing (as one very recent example).

The mode by which communication occurs, is not the issue but i will say, phone calls get shit done way faster and more clearly, bar none.

I should add though, from those of us who've been with Axiom for as long as we have, this is a downturn in what used to be a hallmark of their business. Sadly, as with Onkyo, decline in customer service, or product quality sometimes signals trouble with the company.
Rumours start to fly!

Last edited by chesseroo; 05/21/22 09:26 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."