I scoured this town for fuses today. The problem was that the fuse is a 3.15 amp, and all I could find was either a 3 amp or a 5 amp fuse... no 3.15 amp. So I got the 3 amp fuse. I figured the 5 amp fuse would allow too much damage to the internals before blowing if something were to go wrong. But since I had to use a 3 amp fuse it will blow sooner than the stock fuse would have... arrrrrgggg!!!!

Of course I'm hoping that the blown fuse was a simple fluke, but ya never know. I will say one thing I have learned from my set-up... looks aren't everything. When I designed the closet, I thought the EP600/800 would look fabulous down below the screen where I put it. And don't get me wrong, I do love the way my room looks. However, I think I've traded off a bit of LFE for the placement of the subwoofer below the screen. Why do I feel this way? Well because when I go inside the closet for a movie or CD and the music is still playing, there is a noticable addition of lower frequency effects bouncing around inside the closet.

Do I feel my system lacks LFE? Not in the least. But it does make me wonder what I could have gotten out of it by playing around with the placement of the sub rather than just cutting a hole out in the bottom of the closet and deciding it would go there 'just because'. Ok don't get me wrong, I'm not kicking myself in the least. I'm just curious more than anything what it would have sounded like... say directly behind the couch? There's a chance that I wouldn't have liked it anywhere but where I put it. But I guess if I had to do it over again, I'd have tried it in different locations first just to sooth my curiosities.

I guess maybe this means I need to buy a SECOND EP800 and play around with it's location? Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize that's just what I'm a gonna have to do! ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD