Man kind has indeed accomplished some amazing things, expecially in the last 100 years. Heck 100 years ago it was common belief that if you were to accidentally travel any faster than 50 miles per hour, you would surely disintegrate. Now we have fighter planes that travel many times the speed of sound. For my grandmothers parents, the notion of being able to travel the speed of sound was just as fantastic as the thought of being able to travel the speed of light is to us today. Looking back on how far we've come in so little time, I myself would not be shocked if we were to achieve light speed within the next 100 years... in fact, I would be shocked if we didn't.

Of course there is a long list of reasons why we will NEVER be able to travel at the speed of light. But 100 years ago the list of reasons why we could NEVER travel at the speed of sound was twice as long, and we did it anyway. But as many mind boggling things as the human race has figured out, I still think there are things we will never ever know no matter how advanced we become. The 'big bang' theory may always and forever remain just a theory, because... well, how do you PROVE absolutely exactly what happened so many billions of years ago? I myself buy into the 'cyclic universe' theory, for no other reason than I just can't imagine there ever being NOTHING, and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING!

Of course neither theory is perfect, and it's hard to wrap your head around either of them. On the one hand how can you possibly ever grasp the fact that there was ever NOTHING??? And on the other hand, we are all so used to there being a beginning and an ending to everything, how can you ever fully grasp the idea that there isn't a beginning to the universe? How could something have ALWAYS existed? I've tried many times to fully believe one or the other, and whenever I put a lot of thought into it I drive myself so mad that it starts to seem ridiculous that anything could ever exist in the first place. So to keep myself from ending up in the loony bin, I just stop thinking about it and accept the MOST believable theory for myself... which is the 'cyclic universe' theory. For me, it just makes more sense than the 'big bang' theory.

Gravity may never fully be understood either. Could just be one of those universal mysteries that we aren't meant to understand. So in the mean time, I'm just going to go with my 'magnatism' theory. It's easy, simple, not hard to understand. Sure it may have holes in it, hell for that matter it might just be completely absurd... but it works for me! ;\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD