Obscenity. Ban anyone that uses it (by IP address, not name). That incident the other day where someone created a username similar to, but with an obscene twist, to another member's name was totally unacceptable. (side note: DEFINE obscenity as you see it before hand. For example "These speakers kick ass" is NOT obscene. "If you like these things, you are an ass$#@%" IS. State the rules up front.

Stating that you have a personal preferrence with or against another brand is acceptable. Personally attacking others for not having the same issues or preferences is way out of line considering that 99% of all things audio is a matter of personal taste. LT61 is correct. There are some who are repeat offenders in the "attacking others for their opinions" category. Read the forums long enough, and you can see the same folks doing it over and over again. 2x6spds was a victim, minirock was a victim, geneticdrift was a victim (and a culprit at the same time!). If people have a personal issue with each other, they should take it to PMs or email. I don't want to read that crud. All I want to do is read about the hobby (and the wondeful speakers) that I enjoy so much.

Clearly define "selling" as it applies here. I understand that you are trying to sell new, waranteed equipment, and no one wants to mess that up for you. But "I'm looking for a set of used M22s, PM me if you have any available" should be OK. Posting "I'm selling my M22s for $50" would not be OK since it obviously devalues your product. In most cases, I would imagine that the buyers would be back to complete their systems (surrounds, centers, subs) by buying the remainder from you anyway. Allow folks to get in contact with each other, but do not allow actual transaction details to be posted in public. Most of the time, the people selling are only doing so in order to get a different set of Axioms.

Provide a "report this post" button so that we can alert you to the problem posts without waiting for you to just happen to spot them. We're sure ya'll are busy making speakers, and we certainly don't want you to take time away from doing what you do best to monitor a bunch of goofs like us. Let us help you out.

Last edited by Michael_A; 01/13/05 05:22 PM.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.