I think the opinions stating a code of conduct is only as good as the people who adhere to it are correct. However, having one would make it easier for a moderator to justifiably ban trolls and delete threads. I have checked the FAQ and don't see it as an option, but wonder if it's possible to setup some sort of ignore for specific users. That way every time I see someone being a troll I can just /ban or /ignore all their posts.

I like this forum a lot. Most folks are nice and helpful with only the occasional hissy fit (probably due to too much sugar or forgetting our meds). But, lately we have had some rather nasty threads and personal attacks. I’d really rather not see this forum locked down. The openness is part of it’s charm. Maybe we regular members can make an extra effort to disregard and not respond to those who chose to troll and not take throw away comments or opinions so personally. And if someone does attack you, let them. It’s just some shmoe on a message board you don’t know or care about. The only way to get rid of trolls is to not feed them. Rising to their bait is like wrestling a pig. You end up covered in mud and only the pig is happy.

james r

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens