I like the free-wheeling and generally civil discussions on this site. One of its virtues is its lack of moderator intrusion. By and large everyone here conducts themselves well - everyone brings their own values, character and personality to everything they do, including their participation on this site.

Let a thousand flowers bloom.

There are folks who will from time to time drop into our forum and dump a load of gasoline and toss a match. PFFOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHH. This kind of misconduct will provoke the warrior members to gird their loins and do battle. OK, so what?

Do we need a code of conduct? No, everyone, including those who come to make trouble know the difference between good behavior and bad. Do we have to generate a codex of rules to deal with this contingency? No.

"Even a dog knows the difference between being tripped over and kicked." Oliver W. Holmes.

"I may not be able to define obscenity, but I know it when I see it." Magistrate in United States v. Loji Sales.

So, I think the answer is, include a "report this post to moderators" button, and if the moderators are in a foul mood, push the button and ban the miscreant from this realm. This remedy should be used only for the MOST flagrant violations of civil discourse. If we are unable to accomplish this technical capital punishment, then I suggest we shun the miscreant. Ignore the post and let the thread sink to oblivion, or if the thread is worth our participation, just ignore the troll.

Let's not get our knickers in a knot over this. We have a great site. Let's just keep playing.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.