Amie, I agree with Code of Conduct guidelines and the points already made should be considered and gathering input from the members is laudable. However, I'd also suggest that a little benchmarking might yield better results. Most forums I've signed into have some for forum conduct guidelines that must be agreed to up front. Here is one example . Items 5, 6, 12 or 17 might be something to consider.

The point of the exercise is to allow the moderator to apply good judgment to dealing with bad behavior. The devil is in the details, but guidelines like these would allow that to occur.

I notice that unfortunate incidents have seemingly increased as the membership has grown (almost doubled in the last year). Part of the appeal is the latitude allowed here in conjunction with the positive nature of the community (with a few exceptions). I especially enjoy the freely offered and supported alternatives to Axiom products - subwoofers would be an example. I believe this type of information exchange is healthy and informative. Differring opinions should be encouraged, but in a professional manner.

What must be dealt with, using the technology available is unacceptable behavior. I understand the limitations of technology, but there are some things that can be used to excise problems in this environment.

Anyhow - that's my $0.02 worth.