rvrrat, making other people concerned was the intent of this person's posting here. Certainly the bracing issue of that speaker would upset anyone, but that is certainly an anomoly and is not the norm. The poster, childishly started bashing Axiom and any 3rd party which claimed Axiom speakers make a quality and transparent sounding speaker, not only magazine and professional reviews but also the NRC facility in Ottawa which is world renowned and respected. It appears the speakers were fine for 3 yrs then all of a sudden, they sound like crap...go figure. The issue of the bracing should have been taken up with Axiom in a cordial and professional manner, ie exactly the opposite of how the poster went about business. Axiom is VERY customer oriented and would, I'm sure try to resolve this issue in a professional manner, but it seemed like the person involved may have had some kind of vendetta as opposed to settling the matter at hand that's why he kept posting instead of talking to Axiom.

I too, had some apprehension about spending alot of $$ on speakers I hadn't heard before...that dissappeared quickly when I had everything set up and running just a few months ago. One thing that swayed my purchase probably more than anything else was the overwhelming consensus that these were excellent speakers for the money from both professional and private reviews. You'll always get a few people who don't like what the majority likes, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when people slam a product that they've never tried or heard and just base it on a rumour or...this sounds harsh, I've never actually heard it before, but some guy on AVS said so(he probably never heard the product either or is an insider).

Again, this issue with this poster is an anomoly and someone dropped the ball on that speaker, but from what I've seen since joining the forum here, I'm sure Axiom's excellent customer service would have made things right GIVEN the opportunity despite the 3yr timing. The owner of the Axiom's clearly liked them, because they didn't return them(or sell them).

As has been said before, you tend to here more complaints than praises on almost any forum of any product. You tend to hear more about problems or issues than anything else on the forums which is common, but you have to sort through the chaffe to make an informed decision. I've never subscribed to any review that I considered "over the top" or too "underwhelming"....take those reviews out of the equation and see what the consensus is.

Don't worry, you'll find a certain amount of trashing on everything when it comes to our wonderfull internet.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.