Originally Posted by LondonCalling
Exciting and I'm curious; What are the room dimensions? Number of seats? size of screen? What are you doing for A/C, a dedicated unit or tying into the houses system? What is MLV?
LC,
I was supposed to have a room 18'x23' but while I was thinking finished the architect gave me that unfinished. So, I lost 6" on all the walls to spray insulation and safe & sound and 3" on each wall to clips/hat/OSB/double wall board plus a bit more to padding out the studs, MLV, plaster and a change in the back wall to go from a staggered wall to a double wall. All in all I'm gong to end up with about 16'x21'.

Planning on five main seats if I can fit them (else 4). A game table in back with five office chairs which can be moved behind the main seats for additional viewers and two large bean bags in front of the main seats.

Screen size is 150" with masking if I need to make it smaller.

The HVAC has two huge dead vents (think mufflers) for the supply and return. The supply is connected to the HVAC and the return leads into the hall near an HVAC return.

MLV stands for Mass Loaded Vinyl. It's there as yet another material density. There are virtually no air gaps in it as I have glued and corked it together. I'm hoping that it will take a bit of energy out of the low end but Canes maybe right ...

Last edited by rrlev; 06/26/21 07:59 PM.