Between vacation family stuff and now tax time again nothing has been done on the HT.
Hope to start up again next month at least finish priming the walls, finishing up the speaker terminals,
At which point ... I'm setting up the sound system.

Of course the screen I was looking at jump $400 the other day ... have to see if it comes down again.
Can't complain much I did manage to waste almost a year since I was last considering it. I keep telling myself
the big advantage of waiting is there is more options ... that has certainly come to pass on the projection front ...

Just announced the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 4K Laser Projector
It's a bit more pricey than I was going for $4,999 ... but it if it meets it's claims it's untouchable at this price point!
I really can't wait for the reviews.

Check out the feature list:
A full 3840x2160 resolution (4x pixel shift), laser light source, 3 LCD imaging @ 2700 lums,
14-point white balance, auto iris, dynamic contrast ratio up to 2,500,000:1. HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG high dynamic range,
with power focus, zoom, lens shift, and cover, fast 36-bit processor, 2 48-Gbps HDMI 2.1 ports supporting 4K/120hz, input lag <20ms (serious gaming), eARC ... yada, yada yada ...
On bit depth they claim 10bit HDR, 100% RGB (kind of like to see wider color space like Rec.2020), YCbCr: 4:2:2 @120hz and 4:4:4 at 60hz ...

It sounds like they threw everything they had at it not to mention the 3 year warrantee and a projector mount ...

Last edited by rrlev; 02/16/22 12:16 AM.