Originally Posted by Canesfan27
The sheer number of articles and forums on the topic is almost overwhelming
One of the interesting things about all those articles is that they all seem do a lot of hand waving. Very little practical detail on what to watch for and exactly how to do it. I've research this quite a bit and it's quite obvious how lacking the info out there is.

I originally hired a PRO to this. But after making him redo the first wall layer twice (because of rattling) I ended up taking it over myself. In hind site , it's obvious, I hired the wrong PRO. This stuff takes specific knowledge and you can't afford a "PRO" who's learning on the job. You most likely are not going to get end product you're expecting. Note: on the rattling my PRO told me that it's not a problem ... that I would not hear it. So I called the guys who sold me the clips ... they told me that it should not rattle and they would not close up the walls if it did. That's another issue I've learned the hard way ... don't take a "PRO" advice if it goes against your instincts. In the past I've always been burned ... from plumbers to financial advisors.

Now that I'm doing it myself, I find I have to test, think, and correct a slew of issues as I go. I've had to back track a few times. It's my hope recording this here will be valuable for anyone who may try this in the future.