Hey rrlev, ( can I just call you Rich…? )…..

Thanks for posting your photos. Heck of a project you have undertaken. Wow. I’ve been loosely following along amongst the other threads. Really nice work. I love that you are taking your time and learning and adapting as you go. I agree, no one, professional or not, will ever put the detail and care into the work as much as a DIYer. I installed my own wood stove in my old house bc all the local “ professionals “ couldn’t satisfy my questions. So I dug in and learned. And it turned out great and passed the inspection. DIY can be frustrating but usually ends in satisfying way, in my experience anyway.

A question…..this might sound totally stupid, but here goes…. Why not use MDF as one of the layers of your walls? If it’s good enough for the speakers we all love them why not the walls? Or is it TOO dead or inert?

I’ve started measuring out my basement space and seeing what shapes and dimensions will work to build a dedicated space down there. Still pretty concerned about the ceiling height ( 7 feet )…..no issues with my ceiling height in our living room at 12 feet!

Keep up the good work! It’s inspiring to see. Cheers.

Last edited by Kodiak; 09/25/21 03:01 AM. Reason: Added basement ceiling height

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595