Originally Posted by Mojo
I'm curious what difference you may perceive with front heights.
Good question ... The difference for most movies is subtle if there at all ...

For the titles that it helps with ... it mainly shows up as better ambient surround and placement for things flying overhead for multiple seats ... but think I'd have to A/B test it with and without to say how much improvement each seat gets ... (which I haven't done).

One thing I can tell you is currently from a value stand point that a 7.1.2 surround setup gets you 2 seats that are 98% there. That next 1 to 2% IMO is not worth it for most people ... it's over the top expensive ... considering the extra expense of buying a higher channel count prepro, more amps, more speakers, and all the extra stuff that goes with it (wire, connectors, etc). Once that movie starts, unless you have a surround blaring in one of your ears (in a seat off to the side) you'll not notice what is missing. Currently, I've only found a few movies which actually have noticeable object placement and it's not going to make or break the your viewing experience.

For those like me, who get enjoyment from the techno-nerd aspect of it all ... well it's a different story.