I received a pair of M5ow a few days ago (side surrounds for the HT). To test them out I hooked them up to the family room system on a couple of small tables, up upside-down (so not to block the ports) and about 1-1/2 feet from the wall. While I was at it my wife and friend came in and wanted to watch "Encanto" (a new Disney movie). God, the trouble they gave me about how much time it was taking (as the wires kept falling out of the T connectors ... being rushed didn't help!)

Well even setup like that I was surprised with the sound ... Didn't do any critical listening, just the movie ... but wow ... don't remember the bookshelf M5's being that good.

Tomorrow I'll have to listen to them without the EP500 going. Won't have a lot of time in the next two weeks but eventually I need to test a few things: 1) how much difference there is inverted v.s. right side up at different heights and 2) if hanging them on a FMB is a big compromise v.s. directly on the wall. Unfortunately, they didn't come with a insert to hang them on a FMB (as I expected them to) ... I'll have to come up with something