[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wall board taped and mudded, walls and ceiling primed and wiring mostly complete.

So what's happening:
  • Found and ordered the main seating, the projector, and the screen
  • Drawn the seating on the floor to figure out the rest of the platform and sub placement. Spacing is a bit tight for the left and right subs (the picture above is one placement for the R sub and R wide. This location is doable but not great. The right wide placement really wants to be over that sub. Idealy I'd like to stand the sub up but i'm afraid it may effect any wanted reflections off the wall and might be in the way of the wide. Think I'll have to setup the LFRs and try the subs in different locations ... there are only a few locations which are viable and none are ideal. I want to try this now in case I need to push the seating back a bit. (the cheap seats in front of the main seats is another reason to move it back a bit)
  • Choosing paint colors and thinking about aesthetics. So far think the screen wall will be black and the ceiling a dark grey. Have a few ideas for the side and back walls. Hopefully painting will happen next week.
  • Modifying the speaker boxes which haven't been installed yet. One of the box's screws is too close to the holes in the wall board. On the first ceiling box I did the screw fell into this hole and stripped some insulation off both wires. I found this out by measuring the wire resistance (talk more about that later). Turned out the wires were not touching but that the sealant I'm using is slightly conductive. What a mess cleanish that stuff up ... and painful getting it off the wires inside a hole. Think I can fix the wires but it's tight. The changes to the speaker boxes is to drill a screw hole in a different place and attach spacers to keep the wires away from the screws. In addition i'll add spacers to hold the box flat ... print those this weekend

There is more but this what i'm working on at the moment.