Nuts, I finally made something that didn't look like a failed science experiment, but I ate it before remembering to take pictures. Oh well...

I guess it was basically Chicken Paprikash with Spaetzle, but...

- running low on paprika so 50/50 mix of paprika and ancho chili powder, no peppers or tomatoes, but replaced a cup or so of broth with BBQ sauce, chicken (boneless thighs) seasoned with creole rub a couple of hours before cooking, yogurt instead of sour cream

- more seasoning than usual in the spaetzle, including a fair amount of white pepper

- spaetzle prepared by scraping vaguely noodle-shaped "lines" off the edge of a cutting board (then picking the spaetzle-to-be off the edge of the knife so it falls into the boiling water) rather than any of the less traditional methods

This was the first time the spaetzle seemed "just right"; tasty right out of the pot, and between the texture and the size (I guess size probably affects the way they cook) the spaetzle seemed a lot more substantial. Probably could have doubled the spaetzle-to-meat/sauce ratio and it still would have been good.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8