I just noticed that Tom posted a link to the original Fatty Melt (4 ounce beef patty between two grilled cheese sandwiches) back in 2008. That may have been where I first saw the site.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008...as-its-bun.html

Of course two years later a burger with only two grilled cheese sandwiches, one patty and no bacon seems almost stingy by today's standards :

That was then:

This is now:

Anyways, I may not be able to cook sliders but I did just have an great pizza. The crust was really good, and the toppings were well balanced (which is unusual for me, I tend to add too much of everything). Used a commercial wing sauce instead of tomato sauce (no good for wings but great for pizza), topped with a tex-mex cheese blend, jerk pork, green pepper, onion and a few Thai bird chilis. 11 minutes at 500F then sprinkled with oregano and basil. Spicy enough that you have to pause, breathe in through your mouth (to cool the burn) and contemplate the flavors for a minute before continuing. Paired with a Chimay Triple. Yum.

Tom, hope the sliders work out well. If nothing else they're great fun to cook, like a mix between toy hamburgers and a chemistry set wink

Last edited by bridgman; 01/10/11 12:02 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8