Guys, Thanks for the responses and valuable input. Really appreciate it. Testament to the great things ive read about this community.

First briefly the Polks.... i think they had some level of potential. Part of the return was how they looked in my room. Way too tall and black. Our house is very " cabin like ". Lots of wood grain and earth tones. The black monoliths were way too contrasted. The Polks ( Monitor 70 V2 ) also sounded very hollow and not braced well when when rapped against. I do think you are right, they needed more power to hear the possible potential. But even with my modest receiver I wasn't wowed, or even drawn into the music. I didn't get that feeling of, " hmmmmm, there's something here". I'm not a total noob... Dad was / is into hifi. Heard lots of mid grade Paradigm and PSB over the years.Some old Koss M80's too, now that's an interesting speaker. Etc. But i digress....

I'll take your advice and just wait and hear what things sound like in my space and play with the room and placement too a bunch. I can set my room with another tighter configuration. 9-11 feet between speakers ( adjustable ) and listening spot 14-16 back, again i can adjust that too. This set up would be more cornered into the room so might become a bit boomy maybe? we'll see. The above mentioned setup is better in terms of day to day living and having the system blend into the room better.

I totally grasp the power agenda. To get a 3db rise audible sound increase or to portray dynamics doubling of power ( as a starting point) is required. This increases exponentially. I can appreciate the idea too of having that extra power in reserve and improving clarity. Perhaps an ADA-1000/1250 or 1500 2 channel ( 1500 maybe to accommodate future upgrades...) with a well thought out / appropriate sounding pre amp is on the horizon..... It will be hard to resist adding more power to the system with the looming idea of more potential. I like the hold my beer and watch this comment, nice.

Bottom line is sounds like i've got some playing to do with set up and room configuration and some listening over time to see if this all good or not with in my 30 days to retun them if no good. ( I doubt this will be the case as i've read a ton of great things about axiom and feel the company is understated, at least that's my perception.) But man do people rag hard on Axiom when they get the chance, not sure why? Everything i've read from the company or seen videos comes across as honest and science based with a solid history and progression. Oh well, that's the internet I guess.

This is all moot though until i actually hear the Axiom " sound"! Still waiting on arrival of the M60's.

Thanks again really appreciate the responses and will update as things get arrive and get set up here. Keep the the conversation going if you like, it's fun to chat.

Noticed the signatures guys....LFR's? Very cool. Would love to hear that set up some day.

All the best.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595