Good advice on the used market for sure. I think id steer away from multi channel receivers in search of a dedicated 2 channel integrated. Maybe i've drank the kool-aid in terms of believing in uncomplicated internals and short signal paths. But i think there's some truth to it. I'm happy waiting for the right thing to come along or wait until i can afford what i want or think is appropriate.

Mojo, yes i'm with ya on the idea of taking my time for sure and getting to know my system. There's other upgrades to make before a new power source happens. I am quite impressed with my " ancient" 2 channel receiver from 1995! ( Yamaha RX- 595).
It does a respectable job ( in my limited experience.) It seems to match well with the axioms, although im in a bit of a bubble with nothing to compare it too. But the idea that m60ti was bright or harsh in the high ranges doesn't seem to be a problem upto the limits of my amplifier, it's not fatiguing. In fact it's quite good. ( again, not a ton of things to compare too. But compared to my dads old Paradigm Monitor 9's the m60's are superior in many ways, including the the high range. ( Monitors 9 are bright for sure, alittle harsh.)

I got the tape measure out and my distance to listening spot is 17 feet away in a possible 13.5 foot wide set up. Or set up on another wall i'm 10 feet wide and up to 16 feet away. ( currently setup this way for daily life ) I've been playing with wall boundary's in the current configuration. ( 10 feet wide.) I've tried playing with tone controls too but the pure direct mode is really the best. Been experimenting with the ports too with stuffing socks in there, not a proper port plug but it's a start to be able to see what makes the difference.

With your advice in mind i keep playing music and dialing things in. As for getting it loud it sounds like i need to optimize and enjoy what i have here and in the mean time research ( i enjoy that part, reading and videos etc) another future system that can play very loud and clear. ( M100 maybe? Klipsch RF-7 3?)

But as for 1000 watts peak and compression limits in my m60s that sounds like a need to move up into a larger system. So that won't be anytime soon. I'll focus on getting what i have as loud as possible with quality sound with good components over time. I may have to settle for"medium loud" but aim at quality and clarity for now.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595