Thanks mojo. You’re a wealth of knowledge. I do believe what you are saying overall, otherwise we’d see a ton of destroyed mid woofers and a very poor respect for axiom speakers if the opposite were true.

My question then is, why? Or rather how?

How are the woofers not damaged mechanically or thermally? Is it a testament to build quality and tight specs ?

I agree on the family of curves being positively affected overall, that makes sense.

Additionally , if I may speculate, am I in threat ( or rather not in any threat ) of damaging my mid woofer if I push my amplifier too hard into clipping? ( which I wouldn’t do on purpose of course). But as they say,” just saying “.

I look forward to one day hearing the bass of an active lfr. That’s amazing that 500s have no discerning effect in bass response. Incredible.

Another thought, are there any other speaker makers / brands out there that make a full range naturally attenuated woofer like that ? In a 3 way setup at least?

That’s a bit of disjointed post loaded with questions but that’s what comes to mind.

Kodiak.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595