Ok here is a question.....I’m still “ shopping” for a new power source / amps. Not in a rush but always looking.

I’ve done a ton of reading and video reviews. Sooooo many options. I’ve read about the Crown xls series as a economical pre amp separates setup. The schiit vidar mono blocks keeping it class a/b , or Outlaw class d mono or stereo outboard....Monolith....Emotiva......sort of economical....

I found the Outlaw RR2160 which looks really well connected feature laden and good power and can operate as a pre with 2 subwoofer outs as well along with co ax and optical rca and bass management too. Lots of room for future connections and growing with sources and subs. I digress.....

So the question, if I did buy a rr2160 ( or any integrated with pre out puts) can I in the future add outboard amps to the pre outs and have them run my woofers and use the inboard amps of the integrated to run the midrange and tweeter section. ? So using the on-board and out board amps at same time in a horizontal passive bi amped set up. Or does using the pre out connections disconnect the on-board integrated amps?

Then I could have class d running my woofers and class ab running my mid range and tweet. The crowns or outlaw outboards would work bc you could gain match to the integrated with their dials. If I’m understanding how these components work in reality.

Bit of a long wordy post but just brainstorming with thought experiment. Lots of time to sit and think and ponder things these days. Interesting new forum format. It’s growing on me. Cheers all.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595