Thought this might be the appropriate place to comment on the Axiom Transformer now that I've added it into my system and have been listening to it sporadically for about a week or so. I can hear way more detail now when listening to Tidal and Spotify via it's DAC. Really incredible. I haven't tried the optical via a cd transport yet but will try that soon. I've mostly listened to low to medium volumes. The oppurtunity to crank it up hasn't presented itself yet.

I've noticed that when using Tidal I can only achieve 24bit/44khz over the wireless. I think to acheieve the 24bit/192khz i need to be using the usb connection. On Spotify I get 16bit/44khz ( or so it says with in the Axiom App. Does Spotify play files that high of resolution? I kinda thought not but maybe im wrong?

Anyway the Axiom App is reasonable and im sure im not using it too it's full potential yet. I wish there was a way to re-order things when you search for them. IE Web Radio always comes up first and is usually a huge list, so i need to scroll way down to the bottom to get to the Artist list. I really like seeing the bit/hz count though as i move around the different files types. But again, it really comes down to the best recorded stuff and mastered stuff versus the highest bit rate and sample frequency.

Over all i'd say the Axiom Transformer is more than worth it. Its a great addition to my system without having to pony up big dollars for a whole new integrated to gain the modern functionality. I also like the idea that my reciever is remains analog only, how much that really matters i can't say but the concept makes sense to me. The Transformer also sets up for future upgrades in pre amp or outboard amps / seperates.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595